Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Metacognition




According to Paul R. Pintrich metacognitive strategies enable students to learn and perform better at school, however there is a need to teach these strategies because most students are not aware of how to use them. Metacognitive strategies are useful in any subject and could aid students who in any environment, nonetheless it is clear that distance education allows students to find ways to make the learning process more manageable.
I decided to do more research on this topic because while I was in college I heard about this topic and I wanted to understand the theory behind it. As a distance student I am aware I use different techniques for different competencies, now I know more about the different factors involved. I hope to be able to use the correct techniques for the different tasks and assignments.

Pintrich, P. R. (2002). The role of metacognitive knowledge in learning, teaching and assesing.

College of Education, The Ohio State University, 41(4), 2002.


No comments:

Post a Comment