Sunday, November 20, 2011

Not the end!

Time flies, it is time to go back and reflect on what I have done so far on this assigment and the course.


1.    What five adjectives do you feel best describe your participation in this course?  

         Passionate, lurker at times, enthusiastic, responsible and doubtful sometimes.  

2.    What strength(s) do you feel that you brought to this course? How/when was that strength exhibited?  



To this course I brought my experience as a teacher and my love for education and the desire to improve myself so I translate that into my everyday teaching.



3.    What area(s) of weakness, if any, did you discover in your own learning?



During this course I tried to improve my writing. Julie offered invaluable advice and my mentor gave me some tips to improve my skills. I know that I need to get better and I will keep on taking courses to help me with this disadvantage.



4.    Describe one thing that you learned about yourself as an online learner through your participation.

In this course I felt I connected more with my classmates and I am fascinated to “see” what theory says about collaboration and how students learn from each other. When I read my classmates’ posts I tried to understand what they were trying to say and I asked for clarifications in some cases. I learned I could openly ask for explanations if I wanted to and not to feel ashamed to ask questions. During this course I also tried to be more critical and to just answer a question. I may not be as analytical as some of my peers but I surely hope I’m in the right path to be more successful in my future classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment